Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

For every complaint, I'll make up for it with two positives.

1. Let's start with positive.  Isn't this picture so cute?  I caught Uncle Preston giving Zacky a kiss at the basketball game.  My boys have the best aunts and uncles!!!  I love my family!


2.  So, I've been stuck in the house for days with 3 sick kids!  I feel like we are just recycling germs.  It's hard to see an end in sight.  I'm a busy person, and I think that's the way I was made to work.  I get a little on the depressed side when I don't do anything.

3.  We've been racking up some serious movie and Wii time!  Have you played Wii Party?  It's so much fun!  I love it because Zackery can play it with us.  There are some games that I really can't beat Zander on.  We've had lots of fun together!

4.  Having nothing to do also gives me plenty of time to make some yummy breakfasts.  The first morning Zander woke up with pink eye, he had to miss his waffle party at school.  So we made our own.  I also tried Megan's orange french toast.  (She posted the recipe on our recipe blog).  We had chocolate waffles one morning, too.  This morning it was "whatever you can find in the fridge."  I'm burned out.

5.  In the last 168 hours, Aaron's been home 60 of them.  That means he's worked 108 hours in the last week!  So, if anyone wants to jump on the media bandwagon and bash firefighters, bring it on!  I've got my gloves on!!

6.  I think #5 qualifies as a complaint (or threat) or whatever, so here is the positive.  In the last 7 days, there's only been one that Aaron didn't have to do anything for work.  And that day, he took the 11 year old scouts on a 5 mile hike.  I haven't heard him complain once about any of it.  He never does!  He is such a hard-worker.  He's honest and a good sport about everything!  I'm so lucky to have him!  Thanks for working so hard for us, babe!

7.  I've also got a great mother-in-law who calls to check in on us everyday and brings treats and movies to keep us sane!  She's so thoughtful.  I recently had a favorite moment that I tucked away in my "favorite moment memories".  When my mom was here a few weeks ago, Kathy came over to watch the boys so we could do something (so nice isn't she)!  When we got home the three of us sat and visited for a while.  I sat there on the couch, took myself out of the conversation for a minute, and looked at my mom and mom-in-law.  These are two incredible women who I admire so much, and they are my moms!  I am so blessed!

8.  The other night Zackery grabbed my nursing cover, put it over him, put his basketball under his shirt and said, "I feeding my baby."  Yesterday I found him with his stuffed monkey under his shirt.  "I feeding my baby 'gain."  He keeps asking me if Cruz is biting me.  Why the sudden interest in breast-feeding?

9.  Zackery's favorite sayings right now are "Gracious boy!!" and "I gonna beat your butt!"  (The last three words are emphasized while making the meanest face you can imagine on a 2 year old)  Where does he hear these things??  (oops)

10.  We were having Family Home Evening the other night, and he decided he was in charge of the object lesson.  He demonstrated what happens when you disobey your parents when they tell you to quit jumping on the couch and sit down and be reverent.  He flew off and smacked his head on the coffee table.  When he started bleeding everywhere, I'm sure Aaron and I had the exact same thought: "please not stitches again."  Luckily he didn't need them.  It was a good object lesson, though.

1 comments:

Chelsea Futrell said...

I love reading these random fun comments! :-) I miss you guys! Hope all the boys start feeling better soon!