Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

1.  I've never enjoyed bathing my kids.  (Maybe that's why they always stink).  Ha, ha.  I'm talking about in the bath.  I much prefer having Aaron shower them.  Tonight I put Zackery and Cruz in and seriously I was as wet as they were!  They splash like crazy.

2.  Aaron and I got a mini mid-week lunch date today.  I love those!  Thanks Kathy (she even did my dishes)!

3.  This week I've been so grateful that I have so many wonderful friends!  They are always so willing to help with anything.  It's nice when life is so busy.  And even when it's not.

4.  Speaking of friends, Nikki why don't you live here?  It was so fun to see you last week!  But everytime we spend time together I feel sad we don't live by each other.  Zander and Ryker would have so much fun together.  Aaron and Jason could golf together.  We could run together.  We could do game night every weekend.  I would babysit your kids.  What can I offer you to move here?  Chocolate chip cookies every week:)

5.  I asked Zackery to throw away all the grocery ads tonight.  After he went to bed Aaron found them all in the toilet.  No wonder why he had such a big grin after he'd "thrown them in the garbage."

6.  For book club Saturday night we ate at an Ethiopian restaurant.  Let's just say it was an experience.  I had to eat a lot of lamb on my mission.  I wasn't a big fan, but I would smother it in mint sauce, and it wasn't so bad.  I thought I'd give it a try again Saturday...still don't like it!  I'm glad to have experienced Ethiopian food, but I think I'm good.  I don't need to try it again.

7.  Speaking of my mission, I arrived in England twelve years ago last Monday (4/5/99).  I remember almost every detail of that day.  Flying business class because coach was full, swollen feet on the plane (so bad I could hardly get my shoes on), weird smells when I got off the plane in a foreign place, the strange toilets in the airport, the funny van/bus thing we rode in to the mission home and the little winding roads and crazy driving, meeting the Taggarts for the first time, tuna fish sandwiches at the mission home (I didn't even like tuna, but it oddly tasted so delicious), GQing by the mission office, giving away my first Book of Mormon as a missionary, fighting so hard to stay awake and then finally after 35 hours being allowed to lay my head on a pillow.  What a day!  Seems like yesterday in one way and a hundred years ago too.

8.  I'm a really slow runner.  I always knew that, but now it's confirmed.  Aaron got me a little thing to wear while I run and track my progress.  I averaged a 9 minute mile this morning.  I have a friend that's going to be my personal trainer, so maybe she can whip me into shape and make my move a little faster.

9.  I always have a dream that someone is chasing me and my feet won't work.  I can't run away.  I force myself to wake up because I don't want to know what will happen when they catch me.  This morning while I was running (even though it wasn't fast), I felt so good knowing that my feet do work, and I can run away!  I thanked Heavenly Father for my body and all that it can do.

10.  March madness is over.  We had fun watching it this year.  I won the bracket Aaron did at work and got $90!  Woohoo!  

1 comments:

Nikki said...

OH I wish I lived there too!!! So we could do all of those things. It would be fabulous, I think the chocolate chip cookies might just be the ticket to me moving back :) It really was fun to see you guys and it never seems long enough. Miss ya already!