Sunday, June 12, 2011

One Year Ago Today...

I was 38 weeks and 2 days pregnant.
We all went to Target to get some things (I remember Aaron buying boxers, and the man on the package didn't have a shirt on...Zackery started singing, "showertime, showertime.")
I had to keep stopping as I was walking around.  I told Aaron I didn't feel right.
We went home and Aaron and the boys washed my car and I sat on the 4 wheeler watching, having some contractions.
I drove across town to bookclub.  We tried to make sentences using all the letters of the alphabet.
I couldn't concentrate, though, because I was watching the clock and realizing I was having a contraction every 7 minutes on the dot.
Drove home...contractions still regular.
Got home and packed my bag.
Contractions stopped.
Couldn't sleep...watched Secret Life of Bees.
Had a few uncomfortable contractions.
Blogged at 3am.
Aaron decided it was time to go.

I love remembering the day before our lives changed!

And tomorrow we will celebrate!!


I don't know that I've ever written much about Cruz's little temper, but he's been a stinker this morning and I feel I need to document it.  He likes to yell...at you...when he doesn't approve of what you're doing.  Doesn't like getting his diaper changed, being strapped into a carseat, a highchair, etc.  He yells, swings his arms at you, pulls your hair, arches his back.  If you hand him food, a sippy, a toy, he throws it back at you and then picks it up when he's good and ready!  Fun stuff!  He already throws tantrums.  I know I'm in for it.  He doesn't like Zackery much, but that's with good reason, Zackery isn't so nice to him.  This morning he has been angry...ever since he woke up.  I can't help but think maybe he was like this a year ago today.  "I've had enough!!  Get me out of here!!"  I can understand.

2 comments:

Chelsea Futrell said...

happy birthday cruzer! sooo glad i was able to be there to celebrate with you! :-)

I love my life said...

So.. You have the cutest 3 little boys I have ever laid eyes on. Tell me this though, what do you do with the Cruz temper..Mason has the same temper and I have no idea what to do with him.. :)