August 31st was my Grandma White's birthday. That was the last day Zander and Zackery saw her last year. Three weeks later she passed away.
I have been thinking about her a lot lately as her birthday and one year anniversary of her death approached. I miss her. I miss visiting with her and hearing her stories. I miss taking her out to lunch and helping her get in and out of my car. I miss watching her hold my babies and play with my boys. Taylor was here on her birthday. We took a trip out the cemetery to sing happy birthday to her.
Remember the yummy chocolate cake we ate last year?? I never actually heard her say it, but I know she LOVED it!
So what's a birthday without some chocolate cake?
We ate cake at the park across from the cemetery (same place we had lunch after her burial). Then we let the boys play in the awesome water park.
As I watched them play I knew grandma and grandpa were watching, enjoying a moment to watch some of their great-grandchildren play and have fun and enjoy life. I could see their smiles and hear their chuckles.
(Today is the last day of September. Three of my four grandparents passed away in September. Aaron's grandpa passed away a year ago today. I find that interesting.)
0 comments:
Post a Comment