Thursday, November 24, 2011

Run Baby Run!

Aaron & I have had lots of fun running this year...not so much together, but together.  Know what I mean?  No?  We ran our first 3 races ever all in less than 2 months.

First up: 9.11K
We actually did run this one together.  We compromised paces.  Each bib had a person's name who died in 9/11.  That was cool!
Here's a picture I took of Aaron one morning when I dropped him off up at Redrock to run home.  Aren't we lucky we have such beautiful places to run by?  

Next race was Las Vegas Ragnar.  We had a blast with Jason and Nikki, her friend Amy, Preston and the two of us.  Maybe if you would have asked me at 1:30am after an hour of sleep if I was having fun, I would have had a different answer, but looking back, I'd do it again anytime!  Preston kept us all entertained with the mega phone.  (That's what I'll get him for Christmas!!!  I'm so glad I wrote this post today).  Here are a bunch of pictures in no particular order.  

















The latest race we did was the Snow Canyon half marathon. 
(night before...all ready to go)  

It was good, but hard...my body's never hurt so bad, but I'm glad I did it.  Aaron couldn't walk for a week, but he ran so fast!  Just call him cheetah.  Will I do it again?  Maybe.  It's nice to have something to be training for.  We have taken a little running hiatus.  I surprised myself the other day when I went and ran 4 miles and really enjoyed it.  I think I'm starting to like it more, but I'm never going to be a marathon runner.  I don't feel it in me.  We'll see what's next!

0 comments: