Weight 26.6 lbs. (25%)
Height 33 1/2 in. (25%)
Head 19 3/4 in (75-90%)
Cruz is a talker. He's been talking in complete sentences for a while now. One of my favorite things he says is "Ima go da potty." It comes out more like one word, though..."imagodapotty." He loves "popasicles." My very favorite thing, though, is this. Usually it's when it's just the two of us, and I'm carrying him somewhere. He will get right in my face and say very matter-of-factly, "Mommy. Iss sa great day!"
Cruz has always been a little temperamental. He can do a very angry voice. (Luckily the "shut up, mommy!" stage didn't last too long). About three weeks before his birthday, something switched in his little brain, and he became very independent. He has to do everything himself, when he is good and ready! Luckily, diversion and reverse psychology work much of the time. Zander's even learning how to work the terrific 2 yr old.
He talks to everyone. (He thinks you can only hear him if he's in your face). His usual questions are, "Do you know Johnny?" "Where is Johnny?" "What's your name?"...then a few minutes later..."What's your name again?"...a few minutes later..."What's your name again?"...and again and again.
He is a cuddler. He loves to read books to himself (he's had many an accident sitting in front of the bookcase), and he loves to be read to. He love to be sung to. He always asks for "Twinkle, Twinkle" "I God" (I am a Child of God), "the bird song" (My Heavenly Father Loves Me...whenever I hear the song of a bird), or "the missionary song".
He loves the 3 Little Pigs right now. He likes to pretend he's the big bad wolf, and he walks around singing, "Who's afraid of the big, bad wolf..."
About a week after his birthday, he decided he didn't need to be contained by a crib anymore. Bedtime has been super fun. We've resorted to locking him in his room at night. The first night he figured out if he cried, "I have to go potty," I would come get him out and we'd start the whole thing again. I don't fall for that anymore. We take him potty before and that's it. Every night he falls asleep, with his pants off, curled up next to the door. I haven't even attempted nap time yet. Luckily we are busy enough and in the car often enough that he gets naps here and there...literally.
We LOVE this boy!! Aaron said the other day that it must be by design that 2 yr olds are cute. He definitely pushes our buttons daily, but he is so dang cute! He has an adorable sense of humor and a big personality. He can put a smile on your face quicker than you can say, "Imagodapotty."



1 comments:
Ha! I don't know who the top right one is!
Post a Comment