12/24/12
We started a new tradition this year (of which I took no pictures...boo)!
Megan and I invited some of our piano students and we went and played for a nearby assisted living center. All of our students took turns playing, Megan and I played, and Taylor came and played the voilin, we tried to start a sing-a-long. A few of my young women were there and talked to this sweet man for over an hour. Zander stood in the background listening intently. After a while he also joined in the conversation. This man could have gone on ALL day, and the kids loved talking to him. He was so grateful to them for spending that time with him. Zander told me all about his life and everything he had told him. Before we left, we went around and said Merry Christmas to each of the residents there listening. Zander gave them all a hug. This was very much out of his comfort zone, and I knew he didn't really want to do it at first. When we left, he couldn't quit telling me about how awesome that was! "When can we go back?" he asked. "I have to go write in my journal about this right now!" It was so cool to see him feel the spirit of service.
We met up with the rest of my family afterwards at Baby Stacks and had some amazing pancakes...rocky road, red velvet, and butterfinger just to name a few.
We spent the rest of the day with Ron, Kathy, Chelsea and Troy. We ate soup, bread, and salad, played some fun games, read the Christmas story, and sang some songs.
Pantless Cruzer eating on apple on his favorite spot at Grandma's...the rocking fire truck.
Time to get ready for Santa to come
Anxious boys
Time for bed....



0 comments:
Post a Comment