Sunday, January 20, 2013

Zander's Eight!!

12/10/12

Zander was so excited for his birthday, but not near as excited as Aaron and I were.  This birthday had been in the works for 4 months!

After Zander went to sleep the night before his birthday, I hung streamers and put 8 balloons outside his door.


He opened some presents before school: Lakers backpack, some clothes and a purple and yellow basketball.  The night before Lina had given him a Lakers shirt, so he was set! 




 We had Einstein Bagels for breakfast per his request.  The kid loves bagels!

We sent him off to school and the best part of our day began!  As soon as he was out the door we started taking down the crib and everything out of Cruz's room.  Zander was getting his own room!!  He'd been asking for it forever and we told him at the end of the school year.  We had been waiting for this surprise for four months.  We excitedly built his furniture, which we had been storing across the street at Shanna's house, and got his room all situated.

That day in Zander's class they were making these cute trees so I got to go in and help and spend part of his day with him.



I brought donuts in and his class sang to him which embarassed him, but he loved every minute of it.



Before he left for school Cruz tore the streamers down off the door.  Zander asked me to put them back up on his door, so on the way home I told him I hung the streamers back up on "his" door.  We got an awesome video of him confused as he looked at his doorway and they weren't there.  He turned around and saw them on "Cruz's door" and slowly walked toward the door and opened it.  He fell on the floor when he realized what he was seeing...his new room.  He spent the next few hours making his room perfect...organizing and arranging to his liking.  Funnest surprise ever!!

For dinner, he wanted Olive Garden, so we met Ron, Kathy, and Troy.







After we got home, he couldn't wait to go to bed.  After Aaron and I tucked him, we looked at each other and said how weird it felt...almost like we had a teenager or something.




Time is going too fast.  Happy Birthday Zander!


0 comments: