6/3/13
One thing I've learned in motherhood is that everything is a stage. Usually these stages last anywhere from 3-6 months. Some are good stages, some are bad stages, and then there's Cruz. Right now, he's been in the most horrendous stage I've ever had to deal with. (We actually did this about three months ago too...it ended, but here we go again). I don't like to dwell on the negative, but I need to be real here. I'm pretty sure I won't forget it, but just in case, I'm documenting it...for him:) He throws tantrums ALL.DAY.LONG. No joke! I don't know how many hours a day I spend looking down at a face like this. Nothing consoles him. He wants the blue cup. You give it to him, he throws it at you. He wants to brush his teeth. You give it to him, he throws it at you. Repeat...400 TIMES!
People think I'm crazy. I'm that mom who walks away from the screaming, kicking kid laying in the middle of the aisle at the library, or the park, or any place you could name. Moms always go up to him and say, "Are you lost? Can I help you find your mommy?" He gives them a dirty look and keeps on crying. All the while, they're frantically looking around and thinking, "Where is this kid's mom?" Sometimes I watch and just laugh, and sometimes I spare them the worry and tell them he belongs to me, and he's just having "a moment". Then they look at me like I'M the crazy one!! Anyway, I love this kid more than anything, but I will not miss this stage! These stages tend to come on early for Cruz. He hit terrible twos right before his birthday, and it looks like he's hit the "terrific" threes just in time as well!

0 comments:
Post a Comment