Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Closing a Chapter

A couple days before we left for Palm Springs I found out that a new young women's president was being called.  I knew it was coming, but didn't realize it was going to happen so quick.  While we were gone, the bishop called me to release me.  I was so disappointed that we were out of town for the next three Sundays.  I'll never forget sitting in sacrament meeting in a ward in San Diego, knowing that at home I was being released that day and wasn't there to say goodbye to the girls.  It was an extremely emotional day, and as good as this was going to be for my family, I wasn't really ready. 

 I have been so blessed as I've served in this calling.  I've been blessed to get to know amazing young women and have had my testimony strengthened from theirs.  I have loved serving them and spending time with them.  I have been so blessed to work with wonderful leaders!  They are selfless, reliable, fun, spiritual, inspired, and they are my dear friends! My family has been blessed.  I have noticed as I've been released how hard it is to be patient being home with the boys so much more.  I know I was blessed with patience when I was so busy and not as focused as much on my family as I should have been.  The Lord helped me juggle it all and filled my life with people to help me do it.  My family was patient and understanding and served right along with me.

I feel a big void in my life right now.  I feel like I've lost a little bit of my identity, but that's how it goes with being a member of this church.  I'm humbled with what the Lord trusted me with and especially in the ways He helped me to grow and rely on Him.

I miss these girls so much!  They were so sweet to leave this on my doorstep one night.  What a sweet time of my life I will always remember.





0 comments: