Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Shel Silverstein

Okay, so I'm certainly not a pro at posting yet! This picture is supposed to go at the bottom of the blog...oh well! Do you think he needs glasses already?!?!


Zander loves books...always has...he loves to read! This picture is from Sunday...Aaron read Where the Sidewalk Ends to him for the first time. Aaron loved that book when he was younger and it looks like Zander was loving it too. I'm sure it won't be long before he starts quoting the poems to us. He has this incredible talent (he does it with a lot of books we get from the library): we'll read it to him maybe twice, and then he starts quoting it randomly while he's playing. Or he'll read it to us. He had this book a while back from the library called My Truck is Stuck. He still quotes it as he's playing with his "trucks" now and then. He's a funny kid!!


Just a side note...anyone remember the hundreds of little "I Love You" notes I stuck all over Aaron's room in high school (I know Chelsea remembers, she helped me stick 'em)? We found one in Where the Sidewalk Ends the other day!! I wonder if there's a few others still around in a few places.

Zander's really been into magazines lately too. He'll sit and look at the friend or his little sesame street magazine. He took one of them in the car with him a couple weeks ago. I looked back at one point while we were driving and he had one leg crossed on the other knee, and reading away. It was pretty funny!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

everything you say about your little man reminds me of you and how you would just crack me up.... I bet you are a wonderful momma!! He is darling! love you girl!

Lindsey F. said...

You're the one that would crack me up!! Those were some fun times. I think I laughed more in those couple months than I have in my whole life. OK, maybe that's an exaggeration, but I laughed a lot. I've been scrapbooking pictures from Cardiff and I've laughed a lot just thinking about all the fun times we had. By the way, thanks for sending the pictures of your cute kiddies! They are all precious. I hope I can see you guys sometime!

Nicole Cave said...

That is awesome that he likes books. More kids should be that way. My kids look forward to books every night. It is getting hard to juggle 3 separate little reading sessions with all three of them. Usually Ashton will read to Dallan. And I read to the girls.

Anonymous said...

hey woman... I have recently started a spot on myspace... you have to check it out! just go to myspace and search for Devenie Boyer. My husband just got hired on the fire dept yesterday... he's very excited. He is still a police officer as well. I will never see him... but he loves it. luv u!

Lindsey F. said...

Congrats to you guys! That's exciting! He's a busy guy...what is his schedule like anyway? I checked out your myspace page, and it's so cute! I added you to my links, too! Your kids are adorable!! Hey are you building a house? Where at?