We decided to go camp at the lake last night...despite the weather reports . We had a fun day swimming and playing on the beach. We made dutch oven chicken and potatoes for dinner...mmm, mmm good! Why does that always taste so yummy? Is it because you've been out in the hot sun all day with nothing real to eat besides junk, or is it because it's just so dang good? We took a little DVD player and watched a movie in the tent last night (not really a camping activity, I know, but it was something to do while we tried to get Zander to sleep). He flopped around like a fish for about an hour...the air matresses were just so fun!! It was pretty windy this morning, so we didn't stick around too long. But, long enough for Zander to find a dying lizard that he wanted to take home with us, feed doughnuts to the ducks, and find a "pirate sword." He loves to sword fight lately. He always says, "Dada, you Captain Hook. I Captain Sparrow, and Mommy, you Little Mermaid."


2 comments:
it look slike you guys had so much fun. i have really fond memories of camping on the lake when i was little with my family. so much fun!
Ashton always wants to go camping, and I like to go too. But, I just don't feel like chasing 3 kids around right now. We might rent a cabin and go.
Post a Comment