Wednesday, June 6, 2007

A Beautiful Day!!

Today is a beautiful day for a few reasons. First, Aaron can, or should, come to accept that he's getting old too! He graduated from high schoold 10 years ago today!! Time flies when you're having fun!

The real reason for my excitement is...drum roll please...Cafe Rio is now open! My taste buds have been reunited with the fantastic flavor of Tortilla Chicken Salad and Cilantro Lime Dressing! I've been craving it for so long now...finally! It tastes so good! Plus, after more than three years, it still brings back the wonderful memory of finding out I was pregnant with Zander. May 10, 2004...I hadn't figured it out yet, but I apparantly had been commenting regularly during dinner that I didn't feel very good and couldn't finish my dinner. That night we were eating at Cafe Caubo and I felt a little sick again and couldn't finish; Aaron said "Maybe you're pregnant." "No way," I thought. But, after three postive pregnancy tests (two from the dollar store and one purchased at full price because the cheap ones couldn't possibly be right) we were a little more convinced! Yeah! There's a trip down memory lane for everyone.

3 comments:

nikki said...

Ah Yes... I do remember Cafe Rio. I used to get the salad as well with the cilantro lime dressing. In college, that place was a real treat. Happy eating!

Mandy said...

MMMM, cafe rio, i love that place. tara maxfield posted the chicken salad recipe and the cilitro lime dressing recipe awhile back on a recipe blog and taylor and i made it. tastes identical! heres the link http://notrachelrayrecipes.blogspot.com/2007_02_01_archive.html

Lindsey F. said...

Awesome...thanks Mandy!! I will definitely be trying that recipe. Something about that dressing is so addicting!