Sunday, June 10, 2007

Mmm, Sugar, Sugar!

(It's actually Saturday still, just in the early hours of Sunday, but I haven't made it to bed yet).

So, I'm wondering, what kid doesn't like sugar cereal? I bought some Little Einstein Stars (they look something like Trix) from the store the other day for a fun snack. Zander asked for them for breakfast this morning, and I thought, "Why not, you've already eaten half a bag of skittles." That's a funny story! Right after we woke up, I was laying on the couch and all the sudden I heard a lot of little somethings shoot across the tile. "Zander, what was that?" "I just in your purse, mommy." "What just fell?" "Just skittles." I got up quickly because I knew what was about to happen; sure enough he starts shoving as many in his mouth as fast as he can. Great breakfast. That's topped off by a sippy full of juice, diluted with water at least. So then the request for the cereal. But after two bites, "I didn't like this." He's never really been one for cereal, but sugary, fruity, Little Einstein stars? Maybe it's the texture of the cereal in the milk. Aaron is not a real fan of cold cereal either. But, I just think back to my childhood days. Sugar cereal was never to be found in the White house (except of course on the rare occasion when mom left town), then it was just a matter of how quick we could get to the grocery store and get those Lucky Charms. The box would maybe laste 15 minutes. We could always find a good stash at Grandma's too. So, although unfortunate that Zander has inherited a sweet tooth times two, sugar cereals aren't topping his list. For now I will just be grateful that I can still get a somewhat healthy breakfast down him most of the time. I'm sure one day he'll come to his senses.

4 comments:

Nicole Cave said...

My little one, Chanel, would eat fruit snacks all day if I let her. And the other two would eat blow pops and tootsie pops non-stop!

nikki said...

That's pretty funny. I remember eating Captain Crunch for breakfast and maybe Cinnamon Toast Crunch too, now I am a fan of granola and yogurt. Although... I have been known to eat a cookie or two for breakfast :)

dev said...

what is it about moms purse? There is something about digging for some sort of treasure in there. My kids are always trying to sneak a search in my purse. Well, mostly because they know there will ALWAYS be treats in there. Whether it's a sucker from the bank, a pack of gum or some sort of candy I was packing for bribery when we went somewhere! :) It's just too irresistable!

Anonymous said...

Okay, you guys are still ratting me out with the Lucky Charms.
You could never keep a secret.

I was always in trouble with your Mom. We still can;t wait for her to leave for a day or two so we can get Orange Rolls and Lucky Charms.