I've always loved half birthdays...you know six months after you're birthday when you are a certain age and a half. I'm not sure why...maybe for a couple of reasons: 1) because I just love birthdays and a reason to celebrate and 2) because I always thought it would be fun to have a summer birthday, and my "half birthday" falls in June which sounds much more exciting than December. Anyway, today Zander is 2 1/2 so I decided to start a new tradition. We ate his favorite meal for dinner (spaghetti) and had cake and ice cream (half a cake that is).
And...notice the big boy underwear. We're officially potty training. Aaaaahhhh! Send some prayers (and some advice) my way! I'm sure I'll look back shortly and not think it was bad, but right now it feels really difficult!



4 comments:
aim for cheerios! Someone told me that on my mission. Actually, Brad didn't stand for a while, but when he did I told him to aim for cheerios and it really reduced my cleanup! Boys love target shooting!! We also had a big present for going #2. (he didn't for a couple of days because he said the cat in the toilet would scratch his bum if he did....)But when we told him he would get a new cowboy gun... he did just fine!
Happy half birthday Zander! What a fun tradition! You know my only advice would be...Don't Push him...I really think that is why maddi still to this day has accidents. Have fun, I am sure I will be starting that again soon!
Ok, I hate to be the negative one, but let me tell you how it is...Charity potty trained right before she turned two, and I hardly did anything. She just hated messing in her pants. The one and only time that she did have an accident was because she wanted new panies. She thought that if she had an accident that I would buy them for her! (smart kid) Now Dallan on the other hand was not fully potty trained until he was 3 1/2...maybe a little older. We tried all the tricks and treats and praising. He drove us crazy!!!! Then one day out of the blue he was sitting on the toilet doing his thing. He finally had decided it was time to be a big boy. So, from my experience I think every kid is different. Like someone else mentioned just don't push him too hard and be PATIENT.
Thanks for all the advice. The last couple days have been interesting. I guess to say it's going to take a lot of patience is an understatement. This will be a good test for me...I don't feel like I'm a very patient mom lately!
Post a Comment