So, the last few days in the world of potty training, we've had some really good moments and then some not so good moments. This afternoon, we had one of those really good moments, and I said, "Zander, I am SO proud of you!!" Zander: "Let me see your eyebrows." Me: "My eyebrows??" Zander: "Yes, let me see how proud are your eyebrows of me." I'm still cracking up laughing just writing this. I'm not quite sure what he means, but he seemed like he knew what he was talking about. I must have an exaggerated "I'm proud of you" face where my eyebrows go up really high???
I had a new mom experience today. That doesn't sound right...I don't know how to say it, but I know what I mean. Anyway...Zander started swimming lessons yesterday. He was excited to go, but once he got in the water and started working with the teacher, he wasn't so sure. He cried almost the whole 15 minutes. But as soon as he got out of the water, he said, "That was fun swimming and going under deep." (He actually says is "unerdeep", it's very cute)! All day today, I was preparing him and asking him if he was excited to go to swimming lessons. He said he was until we actually got in the car to go. He started to cry and say he didn't want to go because "it's a little bit scary to go unerdeep." I think that's one of the first times he's expressed anxiety or fear like that. He's such an easy going kid. He always just goes with the flow. But today, I could totally feel the stress that he was feeling. For a moment, the mommy in me didn't want to make him do something that was so scary. I'm not one that loves to go out of my comfort zone, and I could totally relate to what he was feeling. But I tried to explain to him, in my best two year old explanation, that it would only be scary for a little bit, and soon he'd be swimming as well as Nemo! It was a good reminder for me, though. There's going to be lots of times I'm going to encourage him to go out of his comfort zone, so I need to be looking for opportunities to do the same!
Tuesday, June 12, 2007
Proud Eyebrows?!?!?!?!
Posted by
Lindsey F.
at
9:33 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment