
I love the Taste of Home magazine! My mom has always said that she's never made a recipe from them she didn't like. I must say, I totally agree! Everything is always so yummy...and usually not to hard to make. I tried a new recipe this week, and I LOVED it...we all did! I'm not a huge fan of lemon chicken usually, but this was the perfect amount of lemon. It was creamy and light, and the buscuits were great! Although, it's probably not the most health conscious meal, but once in a while, right? So now that I've raved about it, here's the recipe if you want to try it! Oh...the recipe is enough to make two 9x13 pans, so I halfed it!
2 large onions, finely chopped
4 celery ribs, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup butter, cubed
8 green onions, thinly sliced
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 gallon milk
12 cups cubed cooked chicken
2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
1/2 cup lemon juice
2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
2 teaspoons pepper
1 teaspoon salt
CHEDDAR BISCUITS:
5 cups self-rising flour
2 cups milk
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup butter, melted
In a Dutch oven, saute the onions, celery and garlic in butter. Add green onions. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add the chicken, soup, lemon juice and peel, pepper and salt; heat through. Pour into two greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dishes; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the biscuit ingredients just until moistened. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times. Pat or roll out to 3/4-in. thickness. With a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter, cut out 30 biscuits. Place over chicken mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 15 servings (30 biscuits).

7 comments:
i love this magazine! they always have fun recipies! i will have to try this chicken one.
Too bad I have not been cooking very well lately. Do you have to use a dutch oven to do this? It does look pretty good.
I didn't use a dutch oven. Just a big enough pan to saute in and then add everything else.
yum! I need some good ideas. We have been slacking on the Eat@Moms blog.
Yum...thanks for posting this. I always love good new recipies!
This recipe sounds really good and I love one pan meals. I will have to give it a try. I also wanted to tell you I like the changes you made to your blog. I also have a question? Have you ever done online scrapbooking. I just don't have the time to catch up on my girls scrapbooks and thought online scrapbooking would be quicker.
Dawn, I haven't ever done online or digital scrapbooking. I guess I did make one little book once through "Heritage Makers" for my father-in-law. It was easy and fun! But that's the extent of my digital scrapbooking. I think it would be fun, though.
Post a Comment