A momumental event around here...we got a new bed last week!!! For the past six years we have been sleeping on a not so comfortable bed, okay not comfortable in any way. We've been wanting a new bed for so long, and thanks to Megan and Kenny, came across a great deal on a new bedroom set. So, we made one of those responsible, impulsive spending decisions that Aaron and I make so well together. And it is so worth it! Now to find the perfect bedding. Aaron has many opinions on this (no flowers, frills, anything resembling anything "girly"), so it may be a while, but no rush!
The only question at hand now, is how high is too high for a mattress to sit? Should you be able to sit on the bed with your feet on the floor, climb up into bed, or get a running start? I like the high bed, but Aaron, not so much. He let me make the decision, but now I'm wondering if I'm going to regret going so high. Really, the lower box spring is only 3-5 inches lower. Give me your opinions.

9 comments:
I love new beds. We bought a new bed just before we got married and it's been the best purchase. Our bed is high... no complaints.
wow that looks like a really nice new bed! glad you guys finally treated yourself and got one. i personally like high beds. :)
High all the way!
HIGH for us!!! Stephen built a platform that sits seriously like 18 inches off the ground....then the mattress on top.... it's funny, I have to jump to get on it... I love it!
Definatley high...but not so much fun when you are pregnant. I tried to get ryan to build me a step but he never got around to it.
Love the bed. Love them high. Love your cute son and his relationship with his tummy. I can totally relate!
Love the bed! Ours is about medium height and I like it.
I personally have a high bed and love it, because as rude as this may sound, I really don't like when my kids jump all over my bed. Higher makes it a little more difficult for them to go at it!!
I love my high bed too! I'll agree with Nicole - it makes it alot harder for kids to get on. However - it is a longer fall when they fall off. When Ryker was 4 months old I fell asleep after feeding him on my bed and he fell out of my arms - off the bed - and onto the floor. I think I cried longer than he did. So as long as you don't do that, you will love a high bed!
Post a Comment