Monday, December 3, 2007

First Annual White Progressive Dinner

Last night was a fabulous night to be remembered. We had a progressive dinner with my family. It was so much fun, we decided to make it a new tradition. It was less than perfect, though. The only thing that would have made it so, is if mom and dad and Aubree and Taylor had been there. Maybe one year! We started out at Cooper and Anjuli's where we had delicious appetizers! Cooper made some yummy homemade stuffed jalapenos...he's a great chef!

Then we had soup and salad at our house.

Megan and Kenny had the main course, swedish pot roast and twice baked potatoes!

Dessert was at Preston and Taylor's. Aren't the mugs adorable!

At every house we had fun activities: chimes, games, white elephant gift exchange, movies!

And all of us December babies celebrated our birthdays and opened presents (one of us at each house).
Thanks to everyone for all your hard work! It was so fun to see everyone's houses all decorated for the holidays and eat so much delicious food! I have such a talented family! I'm already looking forward to next year!

9 comments:

Marleen said...

What a fun family tradition. I love being updated on the ongoings at the Futrell home. What a great blog. I'm sure the Waite's in Vegas will have to start such a fun tradition. Thanks for sharing.

Nicole Cave said...

This is such a great idea, I'll have to to it one year when I am up for it!

Darleen said...

That sounds so much fun!!! Good idea indeed. How long did that process take? I'm sure a lot of work went into it but very well worth it.

Doug and Dawn said...

What a great idea. I love that your family is so close. I knew your birthday is in December I just don't remember which day. So if I missed it happy belated and if it hasn't happened yet happy early birthday. You have accomplished a lot and have such a beautiful little family so turning 30 isn't all that bad, right?

Anonymous said...

What a fun family tradition. I love all the cute decorations. You guys are such a cute little family. Happy Birthday! I would have never guessed that you were turning 30.

nikki said...

That sounds like so much fun. I wish I lived closer to all of my siblings. It creates such a fun dynamic when all the siblings are married. Yay! BTW... I am flying into Vegas on Dec. 22 and will be there until the 31st. I hope we can get together while I am there.

Miller Family said...

What a fun idea! If I ever again live in the same state as any of our siblings we will definitely try it! You have a great family.

Nikki said...

Your family is so cute! I think it is so fun that you guys get together and do such fun things - it makes me miss being close by my family. Love the cute story about Zander and the messy fingers - they sure have us moms figured out and know exactly how we are going to scold them. Oh and by the way - 10 days till our cruise is not very long - Yeah!!!!!

Mical said...

Oh! I am glad that turned out so fun. Isn't fun to have a big family?! I love it!