This morning we were watching Sesame Street and Zander said, "Who was that girl I just saw? Was it that cooking girl, Rachael Ray?" (It wasn't, but apparantly it was someone who looked like her).
Then in the store today, looking for crackers to buy, "Let's get the Rachael Ray ones."
I always wonder if Zander watches too much TV, but should I be worried that he knows names of people from the food network?
Later today (new subject, not related to Rachael Ray), Zander and his friend Hudson were outside playing in the backyard. They were laughing and having a good old time. It had been a while since I checked on them. What did I find when I checked on them? Two stark naked boys playing in the sand box. So for those of you with boys...is this normal, stripping down outside? I was later informed they both peed in the sandbox, too! I wanted to take pictures really bad, but I didn't think it would be appopriate. It sure did give us a good laugh, though!

9 comments:
Is it sad that I know who Zander was talking about on Sesame Street. Her name is Gabrielle. Yah, we watch Sesame Street religously at my house! :) And that is too funny about the nakedness in the sandbox!!!! I don't have boys but I would bet it's normal :)
hahahaha....
that is too funny. I will be the first to say that it is TOTALLY normal for boys to want to be "free"... my 4 year old loves a good naked run around every now and again... he calls it "being Tarzan"...
as for peeing... TOTALLY normal as well. Hello! especially when they are just learning to do it on their own...I caught my son peeing off the deck once last summer... it freaked me out, but I later learned that it was just a boy silly thing...
Somehow I think it is programmed in them to be naked. It's kind of strange, but I wouldn't be alarmed. However, I don't think I would encourage it either. That could turn ugly when he gets older :)
Oh my, I can't tell you how many times I have caught my kids in our backyard in their skivies!! I don't know that it is just a boy thing...my girls were right in their too. Oh and Caden pees outside all the time. Ryan designated him a spot on one of our trees...lovely I know.
I think you need to start recording all the things Zander says - he's funny! And being naked and peeing, totally normal and sometimes kinds annoying. (especially when they are peeing on your carpet on purpose) I'll have to agree with Mical - girls are right there with the boys and their nakedness!
Zander is one funny kid. I love it. Yes I too agree girls like to get naked too. My girls went through a phase actually Kate is in it right now. I love your new backgrounds your page looks great.
I don't have boys, but I do have brothers, and being naked anywhere as a little boy seems to be ok (at least they think so). Hi! I got your link from Dev's blog. Ours is knoebelluv.blogspot.com. It is fun to find and keep in touch with everyone.
Hiya. I don't know a think about the bare bums and peeing, but I have learned that Rachel Ray is a hit amongst young ones - they seem to get her personality. Toodles. :)
Thanks for not disclosing that it was really Aaron and me that were outside naked and laughing, and thanks for not sharing the photos... it was cold!
Post a Comment