Sunday, May 25, 2008

What a Rude Welcome!!

Welcome to the sixth month of my pregnancy! Lessons learned so far this month:

1. Albertson's closes at 2 am.
2. CVS is not open 24 hours.
3. Smith's is open at 2:45 am! They stay open all night!!
4. What I thought might have been minor heartburn over the last week or so, became excrutiating, nearly unbearable heartburn last night!
5. My husband is so kind and loving, and yes, compassionate... that even though he was awake ALL night responding to strangers emergencies the night before, he stayed awake with me for a couple of hours trying to help me be comfortable! I love that guy!
So, now the question of the hour...what are your home remedies or secrets people?!?!?! Please share!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Lindsey. This was the worst part of pregnancy for me. The ONLY thing that worked was to not eat past dinner. At ALL. It didn't matter what I ate. I would be up all night with heartburn. It sounds weird but if I went to bed hungry, I was so happy because it meant I would be able to sleep that night!

Nunya said...

Try to sleep sitting up like in a recliner. Then again, what do I know, I'm not a pregnant lady!

Lindsey said...

I always had heartburn too- I think that sometimes there really isn't much you can do- it does help some to not eat after a certain time though. Sorry!!

B said...

Oh Sweetie... I too suffered from heartburn with my pregnancies... even when I didn't eat after dinner. I would get heartburn during the day, after eating a bowl of CHEERIOS!!! So I feel for ya girl, I know how much it stinks!!! I just popped tums all the time, they are just calcium so I figure that with all the tums I took during all my pregnancies I should have some ridiculously strong bones!!! Maybe you will too!

Mical said...

Ya, I think I tried EVERYTHING under the sun. Finally towards the end up my pregnancy with Cole, Dr. Paul told me to take some over the counter Zantac(sp?). It worked and I was a happy camper. All that suffering and never once did it occur to me to ask.

The White Clan said...

Water actually makes heartburn worse. So don't drink any before bed. I am soooo sorry I too had heartburn very badly. I really don't look forward to that part of pregnancy.

Life these days...... said...

oh good ole heart burn! I got it no matter what i ate or when i ate! Nothing really worked for me so i'm no help! Sorry!!!!

bethiepoos said...

oh my goodness! when I was prego with brody, I had oooh soo terrable heartburn, I would eat tums like sweeties, but I found them totally rubbish, and no help!! I switched to antacids (which cost about $20 a bottle) but how do you put a price on sleep? they are way better my friend!! oh and dont eat a whole jar of salsa, that is not pretty on its way back up!!!!

Anonymous said...

Lynds, I get heartburn every single pregnancy, and there are prescription remedies that your Dr. can prescribe.... protonics??? Pro something?? Zantac is o.k. but definately bring it up with your dr... there is help out there. I remember just feeling like food was the enemy... and hey, a pregnant girl's gotta eat!!!

Adventures in Healing said...

Ya know... this last one was the worst for me. In the end I did get a prescription from the doctor for Protonix. Insurance didn't really cover it for us and it was $100 but lemme tell ya, it was worth every penny! My doctor recommended OTC Zantac and Prilosec first though but they just didn't even make a dent in the heartburn this time around.