I think we've found a solution for now to the chewing problem. It's called chewelry! I did some research online and found these plastic necklaces that are made just for chewing...seriously. I would love for him to quit the habit all together, but I don't think that's going to happen overnight. So, the deal is, he can only have them when he's home watching TV, and he can ONLY chew on the necklaces. So hopefully if he gets the urge somewhere else, he will stop and think and "choose not to chew" because he doesn't have his necklace.
Maybe he gets smarter the more he chews. Honestly, this child never ceases to amaze me. While visiting my grandma yesterday, she gave him a cup of money to count. He dumped them all out and started to count...just like this: "one, three, five, seven, nine, eleven, thirteen...." He would grab two at a time and kept on counting. He would pause momentarily when he got to the nines, "forty-nine (stop to think), fifty-one, fifty-three...." He did this all the way to 88!! Counting has always been one of his favorite things to do. He has counted to 100 more than I ever have, I'm sure of it. Maybe it's all the counting we have to do to get him to do anything!
I sure do love this boy!

6 comments:
Counting by two's already?! That is INcredible? And the ODD's?! Even more incredible!
Hey, at least you know he's not the only kid who chews, obviously if you found the necklaces for him!! Hopefully that works-good luck.
Wow! How old is he again?? Stella's four and she can only count to 20! HOpe the chewing necklace helps out.
Genius! Hoepfully that works out for you!
I can't believe he can count by twos that high! He must have watched Little Einsteins :) He is a smarty pants, indeed. I love the "Chewelry"... Some mom was a genius!
Linds, would you get some new pictures up of my nephews already!!! I NEED to see them!
Post a Comment