Thursday, May 13, 2010

Two is Great and for Three I Can't Wait!

(my sister Megan took these awesome pictures...I will put some more up soon)

I love these two more than anything! They seriously bring me pure joy! (They can also bring on some serious gritting of the teeth and angry yelling too, but that's another thing entirely).

Six weeks ago today we found out that "our little girl" was actually a little boy, and over the next few weeks I went through a range of emotions. Sadness was never really one of them. I had moments of disappointment. We had a name, and I had envisioned "her and her future", so small bouts of disappointment are normal I'm sure. But really, from the moment we saw that he was indeed a boy, it just seemed to make sense. That's what we do around here...loud, crazy, energetic boys...and why not add one more to the mix.

The last week or two I have watched these two...the teasing (Zackery's as much of an instigator as Zander), the wrestling, the cuddles, the laughs, these two little buddies, and I really am so excited to be having another boy! I love my boys! I used to always picture myself as a boy mom, and I am so excited to be that mom! I don't think I'm cut out for the girl drama anyway. I feel so privileged to be able to raise another little man. What an incredible responsibility!






3 comments:

Lindsey said...

Such cute pictures- Zander looks so different with his haircut.

I am sure it took some getting used to when you found out you were having another boy. That was kind of shocking, but there is nothing wrong with three boys. They are a lot of fun. I am still not used to the girl drama that goes on around here.

Oh, and amen to the wind thing. I am so sick of it- I can't remember another year when it has ever been so bad!!

The Smiths said...

They couldn't get any cuter!
People always ask if we are gonna try for a boy, and I always say, "just a healthy baby!" That really is all i want, although I am sure a boy would shake things up around here! :)

Mical said...

I don't know of two cuter boys (well, other than my own of course) :) I can't wait to see what a third Futrell boy will look like!!