Monday, December 13, 2010

As of late...

...I fell off the blog wagon.  We started the month with lots of fun activities and since have been hit and miss.  It's kind of been a funky last week or so.  I always get in a weird rut this time of year, and I figured out what it is.  Lack of sleep and too much sugar.  Neither or which are good for my mood.

This cute boy turned 6!  (I think this is the cutest picture I've ever taken of him.)


He's had some rough weeks, too.  Disrespect, attitude, and disobedience
= unopened birthday presents that still sit unopened after 3 days and all you're allowed to do is sit and stare at them.   I know...we are MEAN parents!  Do you think one day he'll realize this is harder on us than him? 

Zacky likes to sing "Jingle Bells" with Santa...precious!  
Did I ever write about a few weeks ago when he was playing in the backyard?  I was inside doing whatever it is I do, and my doorbell rang.  I looked through the peephole and saw a young teenage girl I didn't know.  She looked harmless, so I opened the door.  "Is this your little boy?"  Behind her stood the Zack-man wearing his usual dimpled grin that says, "Look what I got away with...ha!"  WOW!!  Thank heavens for kind-hearted strangers who take the time to return little boys to their moms.

Had to throw a picture in of Cruzer.  He doesn't get into trouble yet.  The worst thing he does is spit food and poop all over his clothes.  I usually can refrain from yelling at him for this...an accomplishment, I know.


Just in case you were under the impression that I'm up for mother-of-the-year, I thought I'd set the record straight.  If ever you feel like a bad mom, come on over for observation.  You'll feel better I promise.

One thing I've learned...the greatest therapy after a long, hard day...peek in their rooms late at night and watch them sleep.  The love magically regenerates and fills your heart!

1 comments:

Meg said...

that is the most adorable picture of zander!