1. Last week after reading my "ten on tuesday" my mom told me it sounds like we are in survival mode. Somedays I guess it does feel like that. But really, I'm just thinking that chaos is our new normal. As busy as we are, though, I'm just grateful the 7 month-old knows how to administer his own breathing treatments.
2. I had to call poison control this morning. After explaining my problem, they told me that I was an unfit mother and CPS would be by shortly to take my children. I told them that the front door would be open and the children and their bags would be ready to go. Is that bad?
3. Apparantly when your 2 year old drinks 4 days worth of your infants oral steroid, your insurance doesn't cover a replacement bottle.
4. Zander has his "100 day celebration" on Friday. Everyone I've talked to that's 24 years and younger remembers their "100 day celebration." Does anyone over the age of 24 remember theirs because I had never heard of this?
5. I gave up the food journal. That just doesn't work for me. I have been doing better at exercising though. So what if one morning I just played games on the Wii fit for an hour. I burned 70 some calories ok!
6. I fell asleep on the couch again last night, this time it was 8:15. Man it must be something about Monday nights. At least dinner wasn't still on the table.
7. For my birthday, Kelsey gifted me a cleaning lady for a day. She's coming tomorrow morning, and I am so excited! My house is going to go into shock, and me...I think tomorrow afternoon I will sit around and breath the cleanliness.
8. My sister just texted me that Mary Murphy has throat cancer! Does that happen when you scream too much? If so, I'm in trouble! (Anyone know that correct past tense of "text"?)
9. I have 115 gallons worth of empty water barrels that have been begging for water for at least 5 years or more. I've just been lazy. Well, this weekend, I learned what it was like to go without water (more about that to come). I didn't shower for almost three days! I didn't even stink, though...really! I asked Aaron, and he would have told me if I did. Anyway, I don't ever want to be stuck without water, so I've decided it's time to fill those babies up. Before the week's over it will be done!
10. Last night the wind was blowing so hard. Furniture and plastic swimming pools banged against my house all night. At one point, it sounded like someone was running across the roof! So I laid there and imagined people breaking in through the attic window, then coming in the house through my closet. I was trying decide if I should shoot them in my room or run into the boys' rooms and protect them. What is wrong with me? Does anyone else do this?
6 comments:
This just made me laugh- all of it is just so true. Aren't there just days when you would let them take your kids away? Even though we love them so much- just a day or two might be nice!!!
I totally imagine scenarios of people breaking into the house. I totally don't know how to use the gun so I have decided I would stratigecally place myself over the stairwell and drop the 25lb bucket of hotwheels on them. That should knock them out.
Sounds like you need a vacation! (One with power and water) But you can send your children to us anytime, we would gladly take them!
Oh Linds.. you are a very fit mother! :-) You consstantly amaze me. This made me laugh though. I love that picture of Cruzer!
Is Zackery okay from drinking that? I can be your personal nanny this summer if you want! I have nothing else to do! :-)
hey being a mom is tought some times :( but just think of all thoese little rewards that the boys give you evetry day from that little smile when nobody else is looking to those simple words of "I love you mom" they're the best xxxx
what is a 100 day celebration ?
Reading this stuff just makes me love you even more! You are funny and such a fabulous Mom...I have always admired you for everything you do and how well you do it!
Post a Comment