Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Ten on Tuesday


1.  We watched The Social Network last night.  It was a good movie, and I really enjoyed it.  But it left me feeling so sad.  Even today I keep thinking about it.  I have no idea what kind of a person Mark Zuckerberg, the founder of Facebook, really is...a genius, obviously, but happy?  It is cool when someone so young can do something that literally changes the world, so I find myself hoping that he can live up to his brilliance.  The bottom line, though, billions of dollars would be nice, but I'll take my friends over money any day!

2.  Speaking of facebook...you may (or may not) be wondering why I'm the only person in the world that's not on facebook.  There's a handful of reasons, but I won't go into to all of them today.  A small part of me would like to be...mostly to keep up with my fun little sisters.  (They are all so creative, and I think I miss out on a lot of their awesomeness).  But, I find myself wasting too much time reading blogs that have no relevance to my life.  (President Parker talked about FAD, Facebook addiction disorder, during stake conference on Saturday.  It's a real thing).  When my mind wants to be numb, that's where I go, and I know I'd spend too much time looking people up.  So, for now, I will remain unplugged from the world's largest social network.

3.  I am getting my hair done tomorrow.  I usually only getting around to getting it cut and colored every 3 months even though I'm related to my beautiful stylist.  I get so excited when it's time, though.  I love the smell of freshly colored hair and the clean, chopped look.  It's so funny that Kelsey can cut just an inch or two and I feel like I've lost half my hair.  I'm weird, I know.

4.  Why is it when the boys are finally all in bed, I feel the need for a big sigh and then a treat?  Every night!

5.  Speaking of sighing, Aaron says I do it about 300 times each day.  I don't mean to.  I don't even realize when I do.  It's just a stress reliever to me I guess.

6.  There was about a 45 minute window today when I had 13 children (ages 6 and under) at my house.  It wasn't too painful...I actually don't think I sighed once.

7.  I've been playing phone tag with my insurance company since Saturday.  They need to conduct a life insurance survey, but everytime I call them back they are "conducting other interviews."  Tonight they said they couldn't return my phone call until Friday, and when they do, it will be a 20-35 minute interview.  Do they know how difficult it will be to get 20-35 minutes of uninterrupted time?  Good luck to them.

8.  As of 30 minutes ago our nebulizer's now working double time!  Heaven help me...sigh.


9.  I'm too tired to think.  That's all folks.  Double sigh.

1 comments:

Carolee said...

Your arent' the only one....I am not on facebook either. And sounds like for the exact same reasons! Hang in there! Although I do wonder what I am missing sometimes.....

I am a chronic sigher, too. But according to Jared I even did that before kiddos so I claim its genetic cause I noticed my dad does it too. (of course, that was after Jared kept harassing me about it all the time). Otherwise, I might not have noticed.