Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Meet George

This is Zander's monkey, George. George is named after none other than "Curious George." Original, I know, but that's what Zander wanted to name him. (Just like he wanted to name his fish, Nemo. But, I'm mean and wouldn't let him. It just didn't make sense for the blue beta fish. So, the fish is Jack, named after Zander's imaginary friend that he always plays with in nursery). George helps Zander fall asleep every night, except for the nights when he steals Zander's blankets. Then he calls me in his room to tell George to quit taking the blankets.

And then this is Zander, finally in bed, after....ummmm....a day full of fun we'll call it! He didn't want to sleep today during his nap. So he played in bed for about an hour until he heard my visiting teachers come. All of the sudden he started screaming, so I went in his room, and he was on his floor!!!! (For anyone who doesn't know how lucky I am, my 2 1/2 year old has never crawled out of his crib. It's been very nice)! Anyway, he fell out of his bed. Good news--he's okay. Then, there were some really long hours in between, and then I had choir practice at my house tonight. Aaron is working and I thought Zander would sit in my room and watch a movie. Yeah right! He played in his room for a while, and then came in, "Mommy, I peed." "Okay, I can't come right now. I'll clean it up later." He walked out again and was really quiet for a long time. I thought it was strange for him to play in his room that long. Out he came a little while later, right in the middle of the song. "Mommy." "What?" "Look at me." "I can't right now." "Look at me, mommy." "In a minute," (all while I'm trying to keep up with the choirister who isn't missing a beat). "Mommy, I'm going to cut you." Then I looked. His hair, shirt, and face were drenched, and he was holding Kelsey's hair cutting scissors. Then I notice his forehead with little hairs all over. He cut his hair!!! Luckily it's not that bad, just some really short bangs as you can see in the picture, but nothing that can't be covered up. Good thing, since he has to be in a wedding in three days! It could have been worse. It always can be, right? So I will just laugh and be grateful I have a funny story to write about tonight! Aaron will be home in the morning for four days, AND my mom and dad and sisters are about to get on a plane to Vegas. Yippee!


5 comments:

nikki said...

That's so funny. I think most little kids have a run in with the scissors at one point in their young life. My step sisters cut their hair and put it behind the couch. I don't recall ever doing that with my hair, but I guess my mom could tell you that. Sounds like a rough day, but lots of fun things are happening in the near future. loves...

Nicole Cave said...

I don't know if you know this but I do have my cosmetology license and I have never had a child (knock on wood) cut their hair. Although it could happen with my youngest...the little rascal. Anyways, I always have threatened them that if they ever did that, I would be so sad for the rest of my life. (great threat huh!?) Maybe after the wedding you could just buzz his hair for the summer like I did for Dallan's!? It grows back super fast. I know Zander has nice hair, but it's nice and cool for Summer and boys always think they are so cool!! I think Mical's little guy cut his hair too!

Mical said...

oh! there is nothing like the first time they cut there hair. I can't believe Nicole has never had to deal with that. I don't know if I can remember all the times Maddi has done that to her hair or her siblings...But it sounds like Zander was actually trying to do a good job. Was Kelsey proud? He may have a promising career ahead of him.

Lindsey F. said...

Aaron hates that he's so intrigued by Kelsey's scissors, combs, and squirt bottles. He tells him over and over that he's not allowed to grow up and do hair!

Nicole, I didn't know you have a cosmetology license. That's cool! Did you ever work in a salon before (or after) you had kids?

Nikki, I don't ever remember cutting my hair either. Do you remember that girl Donna that my mom used to babysit when we lived on Tighe? I remember cutting her hair! That was big trouble I got myself into!

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Até mais.