Thursday, August 9, 2007

Co-op...Only one of the Greatest Ideas Ever!

So for those of you who already participate in this, or I've already told about this...bear with me.
For everyone else, I must share this wonderful little thing we have going in our ward called co-op. It's set up so that everyday, Monday through Friday, there are people available to watch kids. There are two shifts each day, 9-12 and 12-3. It only ends up being about two times a month that you actually take a turn. It's a ticket system, so you pay tickets to take your kids, one ticket per hour per child. Then the day you watch kids, you get the tickets. I have loved it so much. It's so good for Zander to be able to have kids to go and play with, not to mention, good for him to have kids come here and play with his toys. You know and trust all the people who you're leaving your children with. I never feel guilty about taking him over there, so I can run errands or even get stuff done around the house because he loves it!! Everything about it is great!!! We love co-op!!

It was our turn yesterday, and the kids had so much fun playing on the firetruck. (It's supposed to be a bed, but Zander's still in his crib, and we don't need a bed, so it's makes a great toy)!!


3 comments:

Ashley K. said...

The bed is even better than I imagined! Ha ha ha!!! I love it!

nikki said...

That is a brilliant idea. Someday when I have some kids I am going to come back to you to find out the logistics so I can start this kind of thing. Brilliant.

Anonymous said...

We love co-op too!!! So I started it in our ward here :) We really miss our Vegas co-op too though!!

Could Zander be any cuter? I'm so glad you have a blog too!! It is SOOO FUN being able to stya in touch with friends this way!!