List 10 things you are willing to spluge on and 10 things you definitely will not!
(P.S. Ashley, this really gave my brain a good workout; does that count since we've slacked the last couple of days?)
1. Air conditioning...I would rather pay a high power bill than be hot in my house.
2. Mascara...I'm paranoid of my eye lashes falling out, so I usually buy good mascara.
3. Chocolate...to eat, and especially for the chocolate fountains, I always buy the best, which usually means the most expensive.
4. Toilet paper...I can't stand sandpaper on my tushie.
5. Electronics...(within reason of course) if you're going to buy something that's expensive, you might as well spend a little more and get the better one.
6. My cell phone plan...I don't like worrying about my minutes, so I just pay for a plan that I know will cover me.
7. Gifts (as a whole)...I go over our gift budget every month; I love to buy gifts for people.
8. Hand soap...I do not like soft soap or other generic brands.
9. Childrens books...I'm a sucker for books. I'll buy them over toys any day.
Last, but definitely not least...
10. Eating out...I LOVE to eat out, and I rarely feel bad for spending the money.
Things I won't usually splurge on:
(This list could get long...I've got a lot of Cindy in me)
1. Clothes...I LOVE new clothes, but I have such a hard time spending a lot of money on them. Even when I have a gift card, it takes me a long time to spend it. I have to make sure I get the best deal for my money; even if it is someone else's money.
2. Shoes...I'd much rather have a new shirt than new shoes.
3. Home accessories...I have a hard time spending a lot on something that's just going to sit there.
4. Peanut butter...I love the all natural Costco brand.
5. Laundry detergent and cleaning products...I don't mind generic brands (but sorry mom, I still won't tear the dryer sheets in half)!
6. Gift bags and bows...whenever I see cheap ones, I stock up. I hate spending $5 on the packaging when I could put it toward the gift.
7. Clothes for Zander...he's just going to grow out of them too fast.
8. Scrapbook supplies...believe it or not it's true; I'm pretty thrifty when it comes to this.
9. Groceries...with most groceries, I buy whatever is on sale.
10. Nice hotels...don't get me wrong, I refuse to stay in a dive, but I'd rather spend the money on fun things to do than on the place I'm going to sleep.
I tag Mical, Lindsay, and Sandy.
Saturday, August 11, 2007
Splurge vs. Steal
Posted by
Lindsey F.
at
10:45 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm new to this whole blogging thing? What do I do exactly? Is that me Lindsay?
Yep, that's you Lindsay. You are so funny. If you feel so inclined, do the same type of post just with your own answers! Can't wait to read it!
Love it! Yes, I think this toatally counts towards our workouts! UGhh... I am going to die when I get back in town. We might just have to do Yoga for a week!
Post a Comment