Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Fun in California


We had so much fun on our vacation, we weren't sure if we were ready to come home or not. But it was time. We started out in San Diego and had lots of fun playing on the beach and visiting Sea World. We stayed in a condo right downtown that overlooked Petco Stadium. It was fun to walk around downtown, and of course, the weather was perfect! Then we went to Big Bear to celebrate Grandpa Futrell's 80th birthday. That is such a beautiful place! Zander went miniature golfing and fishing for the first time! He also loved having all the little cousins to play with. Aaron and I celebrated our anniversary while we were there, too! It was a great trip, and we are so grateful to have been able to do so many fun things and spend time with so much of our family!

6 comments:

Ann said...

Your vacation looks like it was so fun! How old is Zander? He is darling. And Lindsey, I have to say--you are gorgeous. I noticed in one of your pictures that you even have triceps popping out. Oh, how I envy you...

nikki said...

Lindsey.. I have been wondering what happened to you. After no posts for almost a week I determined you were on vacation and then I just spent the rest of the time wondering where you went on vacation. Looks like a fun time. Hope you will be around for Christmas. Cam and I are going to be in Vegas for a little over a week.

Mical said...

oh the beach!! I really wanted to get there this summer. Somehow that didn't happen. It looks like you guys had tons of fun!!

Nicole Cave said...

What a fun trip. I honestly am not trying to complain, but I just want to feel better again so that I can do fun things again. Did Zander love Sea World as much as my kids? Glad you guys had fun.

Sandy said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun! I look forward to the days when we can go on vacation but with Tyson's schedule that won't be for quite awhile.

Lindsey F. said...

Ann, thanks for the compliment, but I must say, you're the one who just ran a marathon!! You're awesome! Thanks, though. Zander will be 3 in December. It's a fun age, and I'm finally getting used the 2 year old defiant attitude, so I'm dealing much better now.

Nik, Sorry I went AWOL for a while (is that even how you spell that?) We will be here for Christmas, so we definitely have to get together!!

Mical, we need to plan another trip sometime, and just the adults can go to the beach, or a cruise, or something!

Nicole, that really stinks that you're still not feeling good! I hope it passes soon for you! Zander did love Sea World! I kind of think it's one of those places, though, that once you've seen it, you've seen it all. We'll go again, but not for a while.

Sandy, I don't envy your schedule right now! I'm sure you hear it all the time...but, when he's done it will be so worth it!! I admire you!

OK, that's probably enough of the mile long comment!