Saturday, September 22, 2007

C is for Cards


I love cards! Mostly, I love to make cards and send them! Okay, so this may be a little bit of an advertisement, but you're reading my blog, right? We have an awesome monthly card making subscription called Greetings by Design! (These pictures are a past kit). I just get so excited when my packet comes in the mail with all sorts of fun little goodies and of course, instructions! That way, if I don't feel like exhausting any of my own creative energy, I just follow the examples exactly, and voila!!....I end up with 12 beautiful hand-made cards to send to those I love most! (If you want more info on this fun little subscription, let me know). I love sending cards and brightening someone's day! It is so fun to get mail, and I always try and picture their face when they get it out of the mailbox and realize there's something other than bills! Those are the best mail days (and as Aaron will attest, I love mail too, but that's another letter). I love to stand in a store when I have nothing better to do and read all the funny cards, too. I know you've all had the moment when you're standing there reading in the card isle and you start laughing out loud; people start to give you weird looks and herd their children away from you. I have a memory of doing that very late one night in Walmart (remember Nikki R.)? Cards are awesome! So, go and send a card to someone you haven't talked to in a really long time! It will put a smile on their face!
Other C's I love: chocolate chip cookies, The Count of Monte Cristo, cookbooks, cuddles, the smell of crayons, chocolate, calendars, cake, clean rooms, cindy's pearls of wisdom, Costco (especially that I live 2 minutes from it!), my calling.

8 comments:

Mandy said...

those cards are so cute. i love sending/recieving mail as well, especially cute handmade cards. would you email me more info on the card subscription. i may have aski for it for christmas!!

Emilie said...

Cute cards are they easy to make?

Lindsey F. said...

Emilie, they are really easy and fun to make. Let me know your e-mail, and I'll send you some more info.

Emilie said...

fish_emilie@yahoo.com Thanks.

nikki said...

I too love to make cards. I made a lot of cards when I was at home because my mom has all this crazy good stuff. I am mildly tempted to get involved in this card stuff you speak of...

Arriola said...

lynds...
I love this alphabet idea. too cute - Amy

Nikki said...

You know I don't have as good of a memory as you do - so now I really want to remember. Can you help me? :) But just so you know I love being the recipient (pretty sure that isn't how you spell that but oh well!) of those fun cards. I just wish I was as good as you and that I actually have sent one to you just because. You're the best

Tara said...

This is Tara Maxfield, I am not sure if you know who I am, but I know you! Would you mind sending me information about the cards as well? My e-mail is tbmax03@gmail.com

Thanks.