So, on Sunday I was sitting in the primary room waiting for primary to start and a member of the presidency came up to me and said, "By the way, Sister Lant, the General Primary President, is here...just to let you know, no pressure." No pressure, yeah right! Needless to say, I started to panic, but then just said a prayer that my singing time would go great. I figured the chances of her going back to Salt Lake and telling the First Presidency the chorister of the Alta Vista Ward Primary in Las Vegas was leading the children astray weren't very likely. It ended up being a delightful experience!! She is a wonderful lady with an incredible spirit about her. We have a very large junior primary, and it is a rare occasion when they are all attentive. As she spoke to them, they all sat there calm and reverent. She shared a story that I had forgotten about; it meant so much hearing it from her, and I wanted to share it.
A couple years ago she was in President Hinckley's office visiting with him about all the children of the world. She asked him, "President Hinchkley, what message would you like for me to give all these little children." He told her, "Tell them, don't ever forget to pray." They put these simple little words to music:
Tuesday, September 18, 2007
Don't Ever Forget to Pray
Don't ever forget to pray.
Don't ever forget to pray.
Kneel down every night and morning,
Don't ever forget, don't ever forget, don't ever forget to pray!
I love this simple little message! It is so wonderful for us to teach our children, and it is so wonderful for us to remember! We had a family home evening lesson on this last night, and I loved hearing Zander's thoughts on prayer. Already, at two years old, they are learning how important prayer is and how wonderful it is that they can have a relationship with their Heavenly Father and Jesus, their brother. They probably understand it much better than we do.
Posted by
Lindsey F.
at
3:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
hahaha... that's funny. I totally feel your pain... that would be really intimidating. I am sure you did a smashing job...
btw... a meme is a tag. Just like the one you did... that's just the "original" name for it...
love you girlie!
That is so sweet- you are the greatest!! I miss you!
lyns,
that made me miss primary!!! the songs are so simple, so true, and the kids are so sweet. just love em! - amy
Post a Comment