My friend, Devenie, had a fun idea on her blog that I am going to do. The idea is every day you take a letter of the alphabet and do a blog about it. I love any excuse to share my favorite things and especially things that I am thankful for. My heart always feel so full when I talk about these things!! So here you go...
A is for Aunts. I love my aunts! I am lucky to have aunts that have always made me feel so special and loved! I especially love my Aunt Jeanene! She is like another mom to me, and she has always made me feel like one of her daughters. I have so many wonderful memories with her from the time I was a tiny, little girl. I was even so lucky to be able to live with her after my mission and then a short time after Aaron and I got married! There aren't words to tell you how wonderful she is! You'd just have to know her, and for those of you who do, you understand completely. Before I had Zander, I often thought how excited I was that my kids were going to have the most awesome great aunt ever! And she is...she loves Zander as if he was her own grandson!
I am also thankful for all of Zander's aunts. He's only got eight of them! And they all love him soooo much!
Most of all, I'm so happy that I'm finally going to be an aunt!!!! Megan is going to give me a little niece or nephew! It's funny that Aaron and I are both the oldest in our families...we've always done everything first, but all of our brothers and sisters were uncles and aunts before us. We are finally going to get our turn! Yeah! Oh yeah, and we're happy for you guys, Megan and Kenny, that you are going to be parents, too :).
Other A things that I love: Aaron (of course), Aubree, Anjuli (happy birthday to both of you girls this month), apple pie, airplanes that make the trips so much quicker, algebra (yes, I love and miss doing algebra)
Tuesday, September 18, 2007
A is for Aunts
Posted by
Lindsey F.
at
5:28 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
That's a very cool idea... I might have to copy you. And Congrats to Megan!
hey... check out myreadingspot.com... it has great book reviews... good clean books... there are also other links to more great book review sites...
I agree with Nikki I like this idea. I might be doing it too. My life isn't always exciting so this will give me something to post. That is so exciting about Megan. I am sure you couldn't wait for Zander to get cousins. My sister Amber found out about 4 weeks ago that she was pregnant, which would be her 5th all under the age of 7. She just called me yesterday and told me that she found out she is having twins. What is even crazier is that her husband was scheduled to get a Vasectomy before they found out they were pregnant.
I loved having cousins my age growing up. Although we only saw them once a year in the summer, Shauna and I were best friends and roomed together our first year of school. That will be even more fun to live close to them.
Dawn, I can't believe Amber is having twins! How fun...and scary!
I have to admit...I too love Aunt Jeanene and Aubree! I am so excited for Megan!!!! I love this idea...I might do it too...but maybe just one letter a week, that sounds more like something I could do!
i didnt even know megan was pregnant! wow... that is so exciting! :) i am greatful for being an aunt. i have the best little nephew ever!
Post a Comment