Thursday, October 25, 2007

Just Babbling

I know, I know...I'm getting tired of logging on here, too, and seeing the same post for almost three weeks now. (Not that I will ever get tired of looking at all those adorable pictures of my friends). I've just had a lot going on and honestly, haven't been in the mood. Anyway, here's a few tidbits.

1. We took a WONDERFUL and relaxing vacation a couple weeks ago up to Montana, to visit my grandpa. My mom and dad and three youngest sisters went, too, and we all had a blast. I have lots of fun pictures that I will post soon! Luckily, my camera decided to go crazy on me at the very END of our trip. I'm hoping it's going to cooperate with me for halloween. We went to the pumpkin patch the other day, and it wouldn't work...grrrr!!!!!

2. I've been doing lots of classes the last couple of weeks. The Christmas Cards are turning out so cute! I've loved having so many fun people come and "create" with me! This week we made clipboard calendars. I just love seeing everyone's creativity.

3. We're also getting ready for our big open house/boutique next Friday night. Megan and I are doing a booth for Heartstring Designs, and there will be lots of fun stuff to shop for...layers clothing, vinyl lettering for your house, jewelry, cute baby beanies and bows, and lots more. If anyone is interested in coming it's November 2nd from 5:30 to 9:30 at my sister's house (9538 Magnificent Ave. 89148). Oooh Christmas shopping is in the air...I love it!

4. We are still preparing for our primary program, November 18th. I'm getting anxious and ready for it to be done. I can't wait to hear those sweet little kids sing, though!

5. My grandma moved on Saturday, and I have to document this because it is a day worth writing of. My sweet little angel of a boy was soooo good!! Aaron was working and it was kind of a last minute thing to go and help. I was a little, okay a lot, worried about bringing Zander because he doesn't listen and follow directions so well these days. I could forsee so many disasters along with a lot of frustrated people. But, there was no need to worry. Not only did he tag along behind us everywhere we went so obediently, he was actually a great helper!! I'm so glad they let us see their angelic sides every once in a while!

6. One more thing for now. I've been going to an institute class the last couple of months taught by Ginger Ewell. I absolutely love it. I almost wish it was more than once a week. We've been studying the old testament which is sometimes a little difficult to dive into, but she is such a wonderful teacher. She has a way of making the scriptures so personal and so real to life today. Every week I leave having learned so much and wanting to be such a better person. I'm so grateful for a wonderful mother-in-law who watches Zander so that I can go (to that and many other things...I'm spoiled)! I'm so grateful for wonderful people like Sister Ewell who can bring the spirit so powerfully!

Anyway, I promise to be back on track here soon, and get some pictures posted from our fun trip! Until then...

7 comments:

Ann said...

This post was fun even without pictures! (Although I'm excited to see pics, too.) Yes, I am so grateful when Camp surprises me and minds really well. Thank goodness! I wish I had an institute class to go to! I would love to have help with the Old Testament!

Mical said...

I will admit I have been visiting your blog a lot wondering when you were going to have pics up from your trip :) but I know how busy life is. That open house sounds really fun!

nikki said...

I remember Ginger Ewell... not because I have ever met her or had her, but I think my brother had her for seminary. He really like her too. I took an institute class last year from Richard Bushman, who was our stake patriarch. Very cool to learn about Joseph Smith from the guy who knows him so well.

Nikki said...

I've been missing your cute posts and was about to call you to see if you were okay! Sounds like you had a fun trip. I love the cruise countdown - It made me very excited and then suddenly very stressed out. Do you know how much Christmas shopping I have to do! Well lets just say I haven't started. But its okay - because once we climb aboard and set sail on our nice relaxing vacation - it will be worth all the stress - right?!

Anonymous said...

Lindsey, It was great visiting with ya the other night at Ryan's party! Anyways..saw your blog on Mical's and thought I'd say hi. I really hope the primary program goes well! I'm sure you'll do great! And also, I wanted to go to Sis. Ewell's institute class! Maybe next time around my husband and I can go! Hope you don't mind me adding ya to my page. :)

Ashley K. said...

Call me so we can plan our fondue day!!!

Doug and Dawn said...

I just love it when my kids surprise me and behave so well when you least expect it. Thats so cute about Zander. I miss taking institute classes, thats great that you are going to one. I have never met Ginger Ewell but I have heard good things about her.