Thursday, November 15, 2007

I is for...


I'm going to have to say I is for institute!(Although, I couldn't resist this picture! Ice cream is way up there on my list! Especially rocky road ice cream...both mine and Aaron's favorite. Coldstone does have their dark chocolate peppermint back, though, and their "after dinner mint" creation is oh so delish)!
Anyway, back to institute. I mentioned a couple posts back that I have been going to an institute class taught by Ginger Ewell. We have been studying the Old Testament. Sister Ewell has an amazing gift for opening up the scriptures and bringing them to life. Each week I leave feeling like I understand the bible just a little bit more, like I can't wait to be a better person, and feeling the love of the Lord more than I did the week before!
Yesterday's lesson was great as usual! There was a quote she shared with us by Marvin J. Ashton that I thought was wonderful: "....If the adversary can influence us to pick on each other, to find fault, bash, and undermine, to judge or humiliate or taunt, half his battle is won. Why? Because though this kind of conduct may not equate with succumbing to grievous sin, it nevertheless neutralizes us spiritually. The Spirit of the Lord cannot dwell where there is bickering, judging, contention, or any kind of bashing....Let us open our arms to each other, accept each other for who we are, assume everyone is doing the best he or she can and look for ways to help leave quiet messages of love and encouragement instead of being destructive with bashing." Great words to live by!
I have such a love for the old testament. So many precious things I have learned...the spirit has taught so many truths and given so many feelings of hope and peace for this time in my life.
Other I's I love: my in-laws, the internet, invitations (making them, sending them, getting them), American Idol, the movie I am Sam, and italian food.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea to the Cold Stone dark chocolate peppermint!! It's the best!! I ws so happy they brought that to us after the lovely card making class!! yum!!!

Mical said...

I think that is so great that you can attend that class. I have heard that it is so good! My day will come :)