Wednesday, January 16, 2008

On Your Mark, Get Set, Go!

I finally did it! I have been "thinking" about doing a triathlon for quite a while now. I realized if I just kept thinking and talking about it, I was going to keep thinking and talking myself out of it. So, I finally registered, and I already have butterflies. But I am ready! Let the training begin....

16 comments:

Mical said...

That is awesome!! My friend Maury just did a marathon this week and she talks about it in her most recent post. She really inspired me...I am no where near ready for something like that...but it makes me what to give it a try some day. Especially since she was like "I couldn't even run for 5 minutes without stopping..." I think that is great!

Anonymous said...

You go Iron Girl! I've always wanted to do a sprint triathlon & 1/2 marathon, to bad it's on a Saturday when my baby-sitter (Brock) is working.
Someday I will complete both of them! If you ever need a training buddy just let me know...I'm always up for a challenge:)!

Darleen said...

Cool! That sounds so exciting--I like things that are challenging. I'm sure after you do this you will be hooked. I had so much fun training and running a marathon. I want to do it again. I don't know if I could do a triathlon--I'm terrible at swimming.

nikki said...

Yay!!! That is so awesome. You are going to love it, and I can't wait to hear all about it.

Marleen said...

That is great. I am signing up for a half marathon and have butterflies about that let alone a triathlon. Not everyone can accomplish such a thing but you definantly can.

Lindsey F. said...

Thanks for all the encouraging words. I'm excited, nervous, and so motivated all at the same time.

Nate and Lalani said...

You are awsome Lins...like Mical i also had a friend do a marathon this week. I am jealous of all you motivated people out there:) Maybe i'll be one too...someday.

Nikki said...

I am so jealous! I wish I could do it with you. When is the big day? I would love to have the time to do a triathlon - maybe when I am done with school. Good luck with all the training!

Life these days...... said...

thats awesome.good luck!!!!

Chelsea said...

yeah linds! that will be so great.. im sure you will do awesome! :) i would love to do that someday too.

Ann said...

Oh, you will love it! Running a marathon took a lot of training, but I experienced a type of high the whole time I was running. I just felt so proud of myself and so grateful to have a healthy able body. I bet you will feel the same way.I am so excited for you. I would like to do a triathlon someday, too--I just need to learn how to swim correctly first. When is the big day?

Doug and Dawn said...

That is so exciting Lindsey. I wish you the best with it. My sister in law has done a couple of marathons and has loved it. It will be such a great accomplishment. Good for you.

dev said...

you never cease to amaze me woman. you are a rock star....a triathlon?! I am very impressed.

you have to check out my blog.... I posted some memories of ours....

I am still laughing about them....

love you girl!

Anonymous said...

Good going Lindsey. You are such a trooper. I can't wait to hear how it goes. You'll do great, no doubt. You have that mindset, that once you set yourself up for something, you go all the way.
You're Awesome.

Missy

Anonymous said...

Somehow, I found your blogsite today!!! And I want to tell you your race will be great. If you ever want to run, PLEASE call me. I run much better when someone else is there. I'm doing the St. George race in May if you want to come!

Adventures in Healing said...

That is so awesome. Billy has always said he wants to do a triathalon sometime. I'm too chicken. Go you for embracing something new and challenging. Good luck!