Sunday, March 30, 2008

Easter

I'm finally getting around to posting some Easter pictures. Although I lost my brain, and there aren't near as many as there should be.


Kelsey, the great nanny that she is, learned at mommy and me that dying eggs in plastic baggies is much easier (and cleaner) than the traditional bowl or cup. Maybe everyone else already knew this, but I was very grateful for her wisdom.



Zander spraying his eggs with sparkly paint.


I couldn't get a normal smile, just a big cheese!

When Zander woke up on Saturday morning, the Easter bunny had come and hid his eggs outside.

Another goofy grin, actually I think he was laughing.

So I neglected to take any pictures of his Easter basket from the Easter bunny, and him in his new Easter outfit. Also, we had my whole family (minus Aaron and Bennett), my grandma, and my cousin, Nicci over for a delicious Easter dinner, and I did not take one picture. We did have a lot of fun, though, and really yuumy food. It was so fun to have everyone here. I don't remember the last time I spent Easter with my family.


My mom and dad and sisters left yesterday to go home to Oregon. We LOVED having them here, and we wish they could have stayed longer. I feel spoiled because my sister had a baby and my mom came and stayed with me and cooked and cleaned for me. That doesn't seem quite fair, but thanks Megan. Really it's not fair, and we hope and pray that Bennett will be home this week!!

8 comments:

The Ririe's said...

I LOVE the big cheesy grins!!!
That must have been so fun to have the family in town. We pray Bennett gets out soon too...that would be so good for Meg and Kenney.

Sarah said...

What a great idea with the Easter eggs...next year we'll do it too. As for Deceptively Delicious, I have it too and the other similar one. I still haven't used them, but you've motivated me to start!

Marleen said...

That is a great idea for Easter eggs. I too did not know this one. Your little man is so cute. I love that toothy grin.

Lindsey said...

Lindsey Barlow-
I stumbled upon your blog the other day-I was really excited because I've been thinking a lot about you lately, but I so bad about keeping in touch- but I really have enjoyed reading your blog-Zander is so big- I can't believe it

Mical said...

I have never seen eggs colored like that. Nice Kelsey! I will have to try that one next year.

Anonymous said...

Zander is so stinkin cute! Maybe you could periodically show him pictures of Kaitlyn and see if he might be interested in dating her someday?

Adventures in Healing said...

I've never heard of the eggs in bags either. Zander is just so cute and funny!

Arriola said...

LYNDS- the bags idea is awesome -why the heck haven't we all been doing it that way all along!!!??
Good to have you back on the blog scene! -AMY