So, due to my over eager uterus that won't chill with the contractions, we are going to be spending a lot of time lounging for the next (hopefully less than three months). Luckily, I have a child that LOVES to watch TV. But, you can only watch so much TV before you want to poke your eyes out. So, I've pulled out all my books with fun activities, games, crafts, etc. to keep a 3 year old entertained. One of my favorites so far...The Preschooler's Busy Book: 365 Creative Games and Activities to Keep Your 3- to 6-Year Old Busy. We've got a whole list of fun things we can't wait to do!
Today's activity: cleaning and polishing coins. Put a little salt and vinegar in a bowl. Drop in your tarnished coins and watch the grime dissapear! It was really cool actually. I had no idea that worked! We also had a bowl with a little soap and water and a toothbrush for polishing.
I'll keep you posted with other fun activities. Maybe you've already thought of them and done them with your kids, but I lack in that creativity department. I'm looking forward to the good that will come from this "modified bed rest" as the doctor puts it....I'm going to learn to be a better mom!
And hopefully now I'll get some more pictures and things posted, as we've had lots of fun the last few weeks!
Friday, June 27, 2008
Shiny Pennies
Posted by
Lindsey F.
at
11:02 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
I was beginning to get worried-hope all is well though- just wish I was a little closer so I could help! My kids are off track so I know exactly what it is like trying to keep them entertained.
Keep the ideas coming....I need help entertaining Ryker!
Wow do I need thay book. I might have to go over to our brand new Barnes & Nobel and get it.
I hope everything goes okay for you. I wish I was close to help with Zander, he would have a blast with my boys. Keep us posted on things to come.
I am so going to try that with Carter...keep us posted on other great entertainment! Hope bed rest goes well for you!
I would have never thought of shinney pennies. Way to be creative. i've been wondering about you and how the pregnancy is going. I have my own kickboxing class on Fridays...but I think that's out of the question for now. Hope all goes well for you:).
Let me know if you need anything.
I heard about you and your "modified bedrest" today. I had no idea! I need to call you tomorrow.
I look forward to getting some ideas from you!! sorry I don't have any ideas to share :)
Bed rest... Yuck! I can't wait to see what other ideas you have!
Wow... I had no idea. I hope you are doing alright. I love the ideas and although I do not need them right now, I will in the future, so keep sharing. I have some friends on my blog who come up with some great ideas for kids... Julie Blodgett and Melissa Giles... you should check them out.
I will have to keep checking back for more fun ideas!
LYNDS - add a little drama to the scenario by letting Zanderman pour a couple tablespoons of baking soda into the vinegar and salt solution! He'll LOVE the fizz and bubbles! You can send him my way any time... I'm serious. AMY
Oh Lindsey! I am so sorry that you are on bed rest! I went on bed rest with my last at week 32. You are so awesome to do so many fun things to keep little man busy! Can't wait to see your new addition in a few months!
If Aaron needs anyone to go to the lake with while you're resting, have him give me a call.
Post a Comment