Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Cookies, Lanterns, and Letters

So after our favorite task of the day (making chocolate chip cookies), Zander brushed up on his cutting skills. He loves to use scissors and these chinese lanters were super fun for him. Let's see how well I can give directions. Fold a piece of construction paper in half (the long way). Cut lines (starting on the fold) and end about an inch from the non-folded end. Do this all the way up the paper. Open up and tape the ends to form the lantern. Then cut strips of paper and staple on to make a handle. The picture's probably sufficient, but just in case...

Then, it was a homemade connect-the-letters. I just traced part of a picture from a coloring book. My mom got me a light box years ago, and it came in really handy for tracing! Zander's in full project mode now, so we'll se what we come up with next.

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

So creative- I used to do so much for my older boys- I had actually forgotten some of the things I use to do with them-my poor younger kids-you've inspired me to be a little better at doing more with them- Good Job!

B said...

Okay seriously you are such a FUN mom!!! I'm sad that Xavier won't be able to be in a preschool group with you, he'd have a blast!!!

Adventures in Healing said...

oooh... I'm loving these activities. Good job girl! I think I'm going to need to invest in that book. Are they ones the kids can do on their own or do they require a lot of supervision?