Monday, September 8, 2008

Wanted...New Mommy

After getting some serious attitude from Zander this afternoon, I very lovingly told him boys with that attitude won't be playing the Wii or watching TV for the rest of the day. He yelled his response at me, "I don't want you to be our mommy anymore! You're mean, and I don't like you! I want a different mommy!" So I asked him who he wants his mommy to be, and he said, "Bailey's mommy because she's nicer!" So Ashley, if you're up for it, I'll send him your way...ha, ha!
When we got home, I convinced him that some quiet time would be beneficial for us both, and he said he wantd to lay on his bed with George and Peacock and listen to some music. This is how I found him 10 minutes later. I've heard people say how sad they are when their kids say they don't like them, and for some reason I don't feel sad. It almost puts a smile on my face. I guess it makes me feel like I'm doing something right...because if you're really a good parent, your kids dislike you at some point, right? Maybe it's just my warped thinking, but today I feel like a good mom. And I feel lucky to have such a sweet little boy that sometimes dishes out some attitude. After all, I must be honest in admitting where he gets that attitude from!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a funny story. I thought I would be devastated if I ever heard that, but I feel the same way. It's funny because I know it's not true. I've heard "I hate you" a few times. I respond with a very sincere "Well, I LOVE you!"

Lindsey said...

I must be a great mom because at some point in the day one of my kids doesn't like me!!

Ashley K. said...

Ha ha!!! Zander is so stinkin funny! I am always up for him! Although, I am sure that Bailey would disagree with the "nice mommy" thing.

p.s. It's almost spider cupcake time!

The White Clan said...

I am the best mom in the world then. I hear that about four or five times a week. And I agree with you they all need a little disapline once in a while. You are awesome!!!

bethiepoos said...

I told kyle that he couldnt have a go-gurt today, and he responded with a.... "well I dont love you anymore!" I pretend to have my feelings hurt, and he then, softens his voice and touches my arm and says..... "but I love you now!" he is such a manipulator! (he still didnt get his go-gurt)

Julie said...

I think every child at some time or another has said something naughty like that to their moms. :) My middle daughter was the worst. She said she wanted a different mom all the time...and that I was "ruining her life!"(She is 7). So one day, I asked her who she wanted to live with and she said her Grandma. So I went in with her and we started packing her bags. I told her I was sad, but wanted her to be happy. By the time we were finished packing, she was in tears begging for my forgiveness cause she wanted to stay in our home! Good times!

dev said...

Seriously, I hear it...uhhhh... 25 times a day. Right after I tell them for the 47th time to clean their rooms... right after I tell them they can't go outside until their rooms are done... right after I tell them it's time to come inside for lunch....you know, the list goes on :) I think it's kid code for "Mom, YOU'RE THE BEST!! I could never live without you!! I love you millions!!" ...that's what I tell myself.... :)

dev said...

btw... you look FABULOUS!! can't wait to see Zanders baby brother!! love you girl!!!

Nikki said...

I love Zander! He is so spunky :) I always love it when they give youa little attitude and then you find them out cold a few minutes later. Then I can take a moment and remember how much I love them (when they are out cold).
BTW - you look so pretty you gorgeous pregnant lady..can't wait for you little one to come :)

nikki said...

So funny... I can just imagine when my little man will say stuff like that. Sometimes it's hard not to laugh inside when they say that... You are a great mom.

Adventures in Healing said...

I have a friend whose daughter said that to her and she told her then that she couldn't live there then or have any of her toys then because the house was for her daughter that she loved and so were the toys. Her daughter went outside and sat on the front step until she'd rethought things. I thought that was awesome. I love quiet/cool down time. I find it so very beneficial for everyone.