Monday, January 19, 2009

The Aspiring Queen of Couponing

(thanks Meg...I'm copying your title)

I was raised by THE queen of sales and couponing!! There isn't much more that makes my mom giddy with excitement than finding killer bargains (besides of course, all the amazing things she can grow in her garden...she's just an all around FABULOUS person). Over the years I've come to appreciate finding deals and saving money. I even started to save coupons (and use them on the rare occasion I remembered to pull them out before I swiped my card). But to be honest, clipping coupons, keeping them organized, and asking myself over and over "Is this sale really a good deal or just a gimmick to pull me in, the wanna-be sale savvy shopper?"

Then I found a free website that coordinates all the weekly sales with coupons found in your Sunday paper! And...it even rates the sale and tells you how good it really is...brilliant!! I've become obsessed at saving because it's so EASY! And at least once a week, I feel that same giddy feeling when I find a fantastic bargain. I'm sure my mom beams with pride every time I call to tell her all about it! I find myself looking forward to grocery shopping every week...crazy, I know!! With that being said, I'd love to share the excitement with you! If you'd like to know more, visit http://www.buyingsmart.blogspot.com/!

4 comments:

Meg said...

Yahhhh...i'm going to refer people to yours because i don't have time for another blog! I love the the new backgrounds, they are so cute!

I love my life said...

Hey Lindz,

Do you know if there are any sites that I can use here in NC?

nikki said...

Ditto... what about NYC? I would love to have some coupons out here!

Lindsey F. said...

I know there are websites out there. One my mom has been using is www.thegrocerygame.com. It's not free, but it is the same idea. I think it costs $10 for 8 weeks of lists. My mom has felt it is totally worth it. Check it out. The idea is to have as many sets of coupons as you have consumers in your house. I get four Sunday papers, so I have four sets of coupons. Then you use your coupons when items are on sale at their "rock bottom price." The website helps you determine that. Hope that helps. If you have any more questions, email me at lindseyfutrell@yahoo.com.