Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

I saw on a friend's blog a tribute to all the mother figures in her life and I knew I had to do the same. I have been too blessed by mothers not to share.


My mom is truly the most beautiful person I know, inside and out! She has a beautiful smile, and I love the way it spreads all over her whole face...her eyes even shine when she's happy! A few months ago she was here for a few days, and went to church with us. In Relief Society, they had people stand up and share their favorite hymn and why it was their favorite. I just kept thinking of the song "Because I Have Been Given Much." I know it is a favorite of my mom's and she lives every word of it. She ALWAYS thinks of others before herself. And I truly mean always...100% of the time. She makes everyone feel special and important. If you were to gather everyone she has been acquainted with in her life and ask who feels that they are a good friend of Cindy's, most would enthusiastically raise their hands! Seriously! This is only one of her many qualities! I love you mom, and I hope you have a Happy Mother's Day!


(I love this picture of her and Zander picking beans in her garden...two of her favorite things: her garden and her grandsons)


Not only was I born to a talented, lovely lady, but I gained another amazing mom when I got married. Kathy has been like a mom to me from the time I met her. (I was just reading in my journal from 15 years ago when Aaron and I started dating. She told me she hoped I would be her daughter someday, and I wanted so much to be a part of their family. I'm glad that wish came true)! Kathy is a great example of patience and love to me. She keeps life simple and has fun along the way. She is a great grandma! I love that both her and my mom always have things to talk about with everyone, friend or stranger!


I am so grateful for my Grandma White. I'm grateful that my boys are getting to know her. She has an incredible memories for dates. It always amazes me how she can tell stories from her life, and she always knows the month and year they happened. She also knows everyone's birthdays! I have many wonderful memories of baking, playing games, and spending time with her.


I have lots of fond memories of my Grandma Schu. I remember the special birthday cards we would get every year from her on our birthdays. I remember just feeling a calmness and peace when she was around. She loved to cook...a love that has been passed on to my mom and aunts, and now to my sisters and I. I miss her, and look forward to the day I can hug her again!


I have always felt so loved by Aaron's grandmas too! Grandma Grunig always takes a special interest in everything that is going on in my life, and is always so complimentary. Grandma Futrell is so thoughtful. She always calls and checks up on us.


Another special "mother" to me is my Aunt Jeanene. We chat on the phone at least once a week and just catch up on life. Anyone that knows her knows that she is one of the most fun people to be around! She teaches me so much, and is so talented! I lived with her for 8 months before I got married (and 3 months after we got married), and it was just like living with your best friend!


Another mom that I learn a lot from is my "little" sister Megan. She's such a good mom to cute, little Bennett boy. I'm so glad she had a baby when she did because I forgot so much about having a baby. I love calling and asking her advice! She's always got such good ideas!


All of these women are so talented! I am truly blessed to be surrounded by them along with many others! What incredible influences they are...the Lord truly loves me!


Happy Mother's Day!!


3 comments:

Amie said...

I have such great memories of your mother. I high school when it was her turn to do the seminary car pool she used to make great treats for us all - smoothies or cinnamon pull-aparts, for example. At 5:30 in the morning! Do you remember?

I was blessed to have her in my life too.

The Ririe's said...

I really do agree about your mom. She always sees the good in everyone and everything...I would love to be more like her!

Anjuli White said...

She really is a wonderful mom (and mother in law!). We are so lucky to have her!