Friday, April 16, 2010

Zack and the Bat

Yesterday Zackery and the metal bat had a very unfortunate meeting. It wasn't a pretty meeting. He ran right in front of Zander, who was mid swing, and got hit square on his cheek. I must say, I truly feel it's a tender mercy that he got hit where he did. I had a hard time going to sleep last night because I kept thinking: what if he got hit on the head, what if he got hit in the eye, what if he got hit in the mouth? Aside from some serious swelling that's making his poor little face crooked and lots of bruising, he's fine. He is such a tough kid!

this was last night a few hours after
and then today....I think it's going to look a lot worse before it looks better

I'm so glad Aaron was there (I wasn't) when it happened. He handles these things so much better than I do/have/will. I hate to see my babies hurt!!

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

OUCH!!! Poor kid. I am sure that would have just made me sick to watch.

Meg said...

oh my gosh the poor little thing! give him lots of kisses for us!