Everyone keeps asking me, "How is it with three?" I think we were in a little bit of a fog there for a while and I wasn't sure how to answer that. But the other day as it took me about three hours to accomplish a small, little task (and multiple trips to each room of the house trying to remember the small, little task I started out to accomplish) I realized what the biggest difference is, for me, from two to three. I have a hard time focusing as it is...ex. put clothes in the washer, answer the phone, chat a while, sort through a few papers in "my pile", realize that I'm hungry, get a snack, try to remember what I was doing, close the lid to the washer, realize I left food out after eating my snack, put it away, etc. etc. Three kids have slowed the focusing process way down! It takes me ridiculous amounts of time to do most everything. I've had many days lately where I've tried to think of one significant thing I've accomplished that day...most the time I come up with nothing. (But I did change about a billion diapers! Is that significant?)
There was a great talk yesterday in church about the pioneers. The speaker had calculated approximately how many steps each pioneer had taken on their journey to Zion...just over 3 million!! Then he read this quote by Virginia Pearce: "This week-after-week walking forward is no small accomplishment. The pioneer steadiness, the plain, old, hard work of it all, their willingness to move inch by inch, step by step toward the promised land inspire me as much as their more obvious acts of courage. It is so difficult to keep believing that we are making progress when we are moving at such a pace—to keep believing in the future when the mileage of the day is so minuscule."
I love this! Slow and steady win the race, right? I may be moving extra slow, but I can be steady! It's just like Dory said: "Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming. What do we do? We swim, swim. Ha, ha, ha, ha...."
Me and my little fish are gonna swim, swim!




2 comments:
Love it. Swim away...
Amen!!! I feel exactly the same way. Some days are worse than others and it does get better, but man there are days that I really wonder if I will get anything done.
Post a Comment