Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Our Trip: Part One

We had such a fun time in Reno and Lake Tahoe a few weeks ago!  It went too quick as vacations always do.  We had fun:

playing in the Truckee River in downtown Reno
walking around Scheels, "the greatest store on earth" according to Aaron (there's even a ferris wheel inside the store!)
playing lots of fun games during the drive (this was my view and I saw it often...I thought my neck was going to be permanantly kinked to the left...constant entertaining is a little exhausting, that's why this was my favorite view of Zackery!)
I found this website before I left (http://www.momsminivan.com/).  It had awesome ideas for traveling with kids of all ages.  Three of our favorites:  "going to the beach" abc's, cookie sheet with magnetic letters, and 30 mile tickets (have your child give you a ticket every 30 miles and they can see how much of the trip is left instead of asking every five minutes, "are we there yet?"  Zander loved it, and I think we only heard the dreaded question twice on the whole trip!
posing by his sign
beach time

0 comments: