What's a better way to start the New Year than reading the Book of Mormon in 28 hours? We did that with the Young Women on January 2nd and 3rd.
The Bulloch family was so nice to let us use their beautiful home. We started about 12:30pm on Thursday and read until about 4:30 Friday afternoon. We took many quick snack/meal breaks and then let the girls "sleep" from midnight to 6am. It was such a wonderful experience. I was so impressed with the girls that were there...especially their attitudes. There was no complaining! Some redirecting and reminders to focus, but we all needed that.
I am so grateful for my calling! It's been about 2 1/2 years I've been in young women's now, and there are days when I feel like I need to be done. But really when I think about it, what better will I be doing? I love these young women. Especially the laurels as I've worked closely with them and gotten to know some of them so well. And of course all the leaders I work with. It's a unique calling to be able to be surrounded, constantly to so many wonderful people! It will be a bittersweet day when I'm released.
0 comments:
Post a Comment