Aaron has so many awesome qualities, but one of his greatest is his determination and commitment to whatever he puts his mind to. He always does what he says he will do! He sets goals and works hard and let's nothing get it the way of the prize. The beginning of the year he decided he was going to do 300 push ups a day for six months. 39 days in and I don't think he's missed a day...even when he's tired, hasn't slept the night before, or is sick. I've gotten used to talking to him, and then, where'd he go? He's dropped and is pushing through a set of 30:) This day we went on a 10 mile run up at Redrock, and while I took a much needed breather after 5 uphill miles, he got a set in!
Another great quality is that he loves me and is willing to put up with me! He chose to run the St. George Half Marathon with me on 1/18/14 despite the fact that he could've done it so much faster!
It was so fun to run together, and the first 8 or 9 miles actually went really quick. So many people talked about how hilly it was, and I honestly didn't remember it being that way. Running together made it easier. We started out reminiscing each year of our marriage with each mile. This picture was taken about mile 9 when it suddenly wasn't "easy" anymore. I think this was about when I said, "Go, just go!" His response was, "You think I'm gonna leave you now?!"
He stuck with me even though those last four miles I got slower and slower and wanted to quit! I cried as I crossed the finish line because it was so hard! What a good feeling to do that together...and be done:)
0 comments:
Post a Comment